This stunning property was built in 1904 by Lord Amherst of London and retains its original architectural features. Recently it has been lovingly restored to its former beauty with the added benefits of tasteful luxury and state of the art technology.
Chateau Estrel is the perfect location to enjoy a secluded, luxurious break amongst friends, family or colleagues.
Chateau Esterel provides 12 luxury en-suite bedrooms all individually furnished in traditional style and 3 double bedrooms. The bedrooms benefit from sea views over the Bay of St. Tropez or stunning views of the Esterel mountains.
There are 3 large reception rooms are available with beautiful oak parquet floors and traditional fireplaces.
In total the 3 large reception rooms can accommodate 100 guests around the tables.
Chateau Esterel offers a really professional, large kitchen. Perfect to organise wedding, seminary or all kind of events.
For families, the castle offers a second kitchen, smaller but much more pleasant and cosy, ideal for fans of family cuisine, with exit to the terrace.
The cloisters provide a wonderful location for atmospheric dinners and entertaining.
On the ground floor the guests there are 3 guest's WCs with basins.
A home cinema and games room have been installed with billiard, DVD, a good choice of English DVD.
A small gym room and equipment required for fitness training - a cross trainer, jogging machine, weight bar, free weights, swiss balls, TRX suspension trainers, Gym mats, punch bag, steps, kettle bells...
Outside the beautiful heated swimming pool (18 m x 8 m) with rolling shutter. (28C max). The swimming pool is beautifully situated amongst the olives and umbrella pines., sun beds 2 large parasols and a veil offer some shade.
Pétanque court, ping-pong table...
- Elegant, calm and peaceful room with King size bed with 180 cm bed, en-suite with bathroom with bath, hand held shower, basin and a separate WC.
- Attractive, Provencal room with King size bed with 180 cm bed, private entrance and garden. En-suite bathroom with bath hand held shower, basin and WC.
- Large, elegant room, decorated with antiques, has a King size bed with 200 cm bed , and en-suite bathroom with bath, hand held shower, basin and a separate WC.
- Twin beds with two 90 cm beds, and en-suite bathroom with bath, hand held shower basin and a separate WC.
- Bright, sunny room with King size bed with 200 cm bed , en-suite with contemporary bathroom with bath, hand held shower, basin and WC.
- Luminous, spacious room with Queen size bed with 160 cm bed , and en-suite bathroom with bath, hand held shower, basin, WC and south view to sea and pool.
- original bedroom of Lady Amherst, with twin beds with two 90 cm beds and en-suite shower room, basin and a separate WC. This bedroom has an adjoining door to room 6 and south facing balcony with sea views
- Beautiful spacious room with sitting area and wonderful view, with queen size bed with 160 cm bed , and en-suite traditional bathroom with bath, separate power shower, basin and WC. This bedroom has a south facing balcony with beautiful view towards St Tropez bay. This is a Lord Amherst’s original bedroom.
- Beautiful suite, with King size bed 180 cm bed and en-suite bathroom with bath, shower, a basin and separate WC.
- Pretty, calm and relaxing bedroom with Queen size bed with a 160 cm bed, views of mount Roquebrune and en-suite shower room with basin and WC
- Provencal style bedroom with wonderful sunset and gorgeous silk details with King size bed 180 cm, en-suite bathroom with bath, shower head, basin and WC.
- Very spacious and calm room with Queen size bed 160 cm, en-suite a contemporary black slate bathroom with bath, hand held shower, basin and a separate WC.
- a small double bed with a 140 cm warm and charming room.
- 2 small double beds with140 cm ideal family bedroom.
- small double bed with 140 cm bed charming room with exposed beams.
Bedrooms 13, 14 and 15 share 2 bathrooms: one with bath, basin and WC, another one with shower, basin and WC. There is a lift between the ground floor, the garden floor and first floor, ideal for suitcases.
All bedrooms have air-conditioning and heating.
Heated swimming pool 18 m x 8 m with rolling shutter. (28C max)
Terrace with lounge area
Sleeps 10; 15 bedrooms, 12 bathroom, 17 WCs
Professional event kitchen
Secondary kitchen for family use
3 Reception rooms
Air conditioned/heated bedrooms
4 extra beds (only on request)
Full-time housekeeper: 4h twice per week
Household and bed linen included and changed once a week on a two week rental
Towels and toiletries included
Caretaker: living on-site
Continental breakfast may be served 15€/person/day on demande
Food and beverages
Activities and excursions
Event fee Marriages /Conference / Board meetings
Late check in/out fee
Chef for the dinners: 50€/hour
2 chef's assistants at 35€/hour
Food at extra costs
Cook: 70-80€ per person approx, please enquire
Food at extra costs
Driver and car for transfer, visits, guide and wine tours at can be arranged extra cost
2 Cars and a driver
Rates shown are only valid
for 1 week rental/7 nights
Events can be organised but ONLY ON REQUEST. Maximum number of guests set at 80 for inside events.
Maximum 30 guests
Pets are not allowed
Check-in: 4:00-6:00 pm
The south facing pool gardens provide a beautiful setting for a romantic wedding ceremony followed by a champagne reception. The historic and sheltered cloisters can cater for 80 guests for dinner whilst the elegant tower reception rooms with stunning pool views can sit 80 wedding guests in air conditioned comfort. Both indoor and outside dining options are provided in case of unseasonal weather with elegant banqueting furniture.
The Chateau has an excellent state of the art professional chef’s kitchen ideal for preparation of the party meals and also excellent facilities for entertainment around the pool area or in the historic cloisters and very large and elegant reception rooms. Please enquire for more info;
For dinner large choice of places: near the pool, in the gardens in the cloisters or in the elegant dining rooms.
Things to do:
We can arrange hire of mountain bikes, tennis and golf courses at a 5 minutes drive with excellent instructors that we work with personally.
Sea kayaking, wind surfing, hobby cats and sailing school close by.
We can also recommend an excellent artist who teaches water colour and oils and a hiking guide who I use to take guests trekking in the mountains and along the coastal routes.
Lots of excellent sports facilities on site and close by.
Nice; For decades now, the
picturesque Nicean surroundings have attracted not only those in search of
relaxation, but also those seeking inspiration. The clear air and soft light
has been of particular appeal to some of Western culture's most outstanding
painters, such as Marc Chagall, Henri Matisse... Flower markets, fruit and
vegetable markets, fish markets... The Old City - with its picturesque narrow
streets and “Piazzettas” has even more
treasures in store!
For more details and more things to do concerning this area, please contact our concierge service for a fully detailed document at your disposal.
Chateau is situated in the Esterel mountains between Cannes and St. Tropez
40 minutes drive from Nice airport
10 minutes from sandy beaches, excellent sports facilities, shops and restaurants
Nice Airport 60 km (40 minutes drive)
Distance to St. Tropez 60 km (50 minutes drive / 45 minutes by ferry)
Cannes: 35 km (25 minutes drive)
Distance to Valescure Golf & Tennis Club 3 km
Distance to the beach 3 kmNote: The chateau is located at a 10 minutes drive from the Marina at St. Lucia in St Raphael
BOOKING POLICIES: Minimum stay 7 nights
DEPOSIT REQUIREMENTS. 30% at time of booking
Deposits are NON REFUNDABLE
BALANCE DUE: 60 days prior to arrival.
Security deposit 15000 euros to be held at the agency
Trip cancellation insurance is highly recommended!