GENERAL TERMS AND CONDITIONS APPLICABLE TO YOUR RENTAL CONTRACT:
- SECURITY DEPOSIT: A returnable security deposit will be taken in the event of loss or damage of items belonging to the property owner or unpaid expenses incurred during your stay. Provided there is no more than reasonable clean up and nothing has been damaged or is missing, we will return your security deposit by banker transfer two weeks after departure. The Renters will pay any damages in excess of the security deposit amount in full within 30 days.
- DAMAGES: Renters agree to pay for repairs of all damages that their group has incurred.
- CHECK -IN / CHECK-OUT: Please note that due to Owner needing to prepare the house between renters arrival time is between 00 and 19.00 local time If your arrival is delayed you must inform the contact person, or Hidden Secret Villas. If you arrive after 19.00 (without making pre arrangement) you may not be able to gain access to the property until the following day. If prior agreement is reached with the Owner or Hidden Secret Villas to arrive outside of these hours (e.g. late at night), or if you arrive at the property at an unreasonable time without prior arrangement and access to the property is granted, a charge may be applied.
You must vacate the property by 09.30am on the day of departure. You must comply with any procedure or requirements of the Owner applicable to your departure. In all cases, you are responsible for ensuring the property is left secure and for the safe custody of the keys.
If these times cause you difficulty, please advise us at the time of booking.
- ADDITIONAL SERVICES AT THE PROPERTY: Some services such as maids/cleaners (does not include personal laundry, or dishes) and chefs may be included in the price. If they are not included and you would like us to book these services, please give us as much notice as possible and we will endeavour to arrange them on your behalf.
Payment for additional services is normally made in advance, although some suppliers may require a deposit to be paid prior to your departure for items such as food. Where the supplier asks us to collect and pass on such deposits to them this does not give rise to any liability on our part for these services.
Your property may have an Internet connection. The Owner or Hidden Secret Villas cannot accept any responsibility for any problems you may encounter in connecting to the Internet. The supply of relevant plugs and cables in order to connect are the responsibility of the client alone. An Internet service may not always be possible due to local telecom faults, however we will endeavour to resolve the problem as fast as possible with the aid of the telecom company. Unless included in the price, all charges for using the Internet are your responsibility.
- LINEN & TOWELS: Linen and towels are included in the rental of the majority of properties (normally 3 towels per person). Linen is changed once a week. If you require more frequent changes you should request this at the time of booking, there may be an additional cost. Beach and pool towels are not normally provided and therefore you should take these towels with you (exceptions as stated on the website).
We recommend that you take your own cot linen for your baby’s comfort. If you do not wish to take your own, please check that cot linen is provided.
- ACCESS: The Owner or their representative must be allowed access to inspect the property prior to your
departure. They also have a right to access the property during your stay to carry out urgent maintenance or repairs or in the event of an emergency. Gardeners and pool maintenance staff may enter the grounds during your stay, normally very early in the morning.
- SMOKING: Smoking is not permitted within the villa but is allowed outside on the balconies or terraces, in gardens or around the pool. Smoking inside the villa may result in loss of security deposit.
- SUBLETTING AND ASSIGNMENT: Renters shall not sublet the entire premises or any part of the premises, nor shall they assign this Agreement to anyone else without first obtaining the Owner’s or Hidden Secret Villas written permission.
- PETS: Renters may house no pet of any kind on the premises, even temporarily, without first obtaining Owner’s or Hidden Secret Villas written permission.
- BEHAVIOUR: Renters and/or their guests shall not disturb, annoy, endanger, or inconvenience neighbours, nor use the premises for any unlawful purposes, nor violate any law or ordinance, nor commit waste or nuisance on or about the premises. Any inappropriate or destructive behaviour could result in the eviction of the entire Renters group without refund. The Owner or Agent or Hidden Secret Villas will have no further responsibility toward such person(s) including any return travel arrangements.
- NUMBER OF PEOPLE USING THE PROPERTY: Only the number of persons stated in the property description may use the property unless otherwise agreed in writing by the Owner. The maximum number of people, including infants, allowed at the property may not be exceeded. The Owner or Agent or Hidden Secret Villas has the right to terminate your rental without prior notice and without refund or compensation if the maximum number is exceeded. A pro rata sum will automatically be deducted from your security deposit or invoiced to you for any additional adults/children.
- SOCIAL EVENTS AND OTHER FUNCTIONS: If you intend to organise a function (e.g. party, wedding, cocktail party) at the property, you must seek prior written permission from the Owner or Agent or Hidden Secret Villas. Additional charges and/or an increased security deposit may be sought at the Owner’s, Agent/Hidden Secret Villas discretion.
- ILLEGAL DRUGS: Renters agree that any tenant who is found using illegal drugs or allows others to use illegal drugs on the premises will be immediately denied continued occupancy at these premises.
- SWIMMING POOLS AND GYMS: Swimming pools are not normally open all year round. If your rental period is outside June & September, please check that the pool will be open, filled and ready for use. Pools are not heated unless otherwise advised. The Owner and Agent or Hidden Secret Villas cannot be responsible for low water temperature at any time.
If pool heating is required, there will be an extra charge if available, which can be paid on booking or locally to the owner or his/her representative in some instances.
Please note that swimming pools carry their own inherent risks. Upon arrival at the property you must take time to familiarise yourselves with the location, layout and depths of any swimming pool(s) at the property. Please take note of any pool warning signs, depth markings (which may not be accurate) and other instructions for use, which
may be displayed. Young children must not be allowed to wander unaccompanied in the grounds of any property
where there is a swimming pool. You are responsible for the safety of those using the pool at all times. Children
must be properly supervised at all times whilst using or in the vicinity of any swimming pool. You should not enter the water if you have consumed alcohol. You must ensure you are familiar with any pool protection in place. You are fully responsible for ensuring that the alarm/fence or cover is in place at all times when the pool is not in use.
Any gyms are used at your sole discretion and responsibility. Children under 16 are forbidden to enter and use a gym.
- LOW SLUNG CARS: People taking low/sports cars are advised to check at the time of booking that the access to the property is suitable.
- INSURANCE: Owners have obtained property and liability insurance to cover certain personal injuries occurring as a result of property defects or owner negligence. Owners’ insurance does not cover Tenants’ possessions or Tenants’ negligence. It is a condition of your contract with the Owner/Agent/Hidden Secret Villas that all members of the party have comprehensive travel insurance, which includes cancellation insurance and cover for damage or loss to the property. We do not check insurance policies; however we reserve the right to request written details (insurer’s name, policy number and emergency contact number) of your policy.
- AGREEMENT NON-COMPLIANCE: Renters assure the Owner or Agent or Hidden Secret Villas, that any tenant who violates any of the terms of this Agreement shall be immediately denied occupancy and shall remedy any damages or other expenses caused by the tenant and/or the tenant's guest(s).
- COMPLAINTS: Your contract is with the Owner. In the event that you are disappointed with the property or have any other reason to complain, we will attempt to assist you on a goodwill basis if you cannot reach an acceptable resolution with the Owner. You must first contact the Owner or the Owner’s representative and give him/her the opportunity to deal with your complaint. If you are unable to make contact or your complaint is not resolved to your reasonable satisfaction, you should then contact Hidden Secret Villas who will liaise with the Owner to try to solve the problem.
Complaints received at the end of the holiday will not be accepted. If you vacate the property before your departure date without notifying the Owner or Hidden Secret Villas or if you deprive the Owner of the opportunity to attempt to rectify the problem, you will therefore forfeit your right to compensation.
If the problem was not resolved to your reasonable satisfaction during your holiday, you should put your comments in writing and provide these to us within 7 days of the end of your stay. We will forward your written complaint to the Owner and will within reason liaise with the Owner to assist in reaching a satisfactory settlement for all justifiable complaints regarding the property that you may have. However, it is your responsibility to take the complaint up with the Owner directly if no satisfactory settlement can be reached.
If you have any complaint regarding any service we provide (as opposed to any provided by the Owner), you must inform us immediately in writing and in any event within 7 days of the provision of the service in question. We regret we cannot accept any liability if we are not so notified.
- LIABILITY: We Hidden Secret Villas SAS act only as agent for the Owner. We cannot accept any liability for any act(s) or omission(s) of the Owner or anyone representing, or employed, contracted or otherwise used by the Owner. Further, we cannot accept any liability for any shortcomings or defects with or in any property as all properties are within the sole control of the Owners.
Our maximum liability to you if we are found to be at fault in relation to any service we provide (as opposed to any service provided by the Owner or any third party used by the Owner for whom we are not responsible) is limited to the commission we have earned or are due to earn in relation to the booking in question. We do not exclude or limit any liability for death or personal injury, which arises as a result of our negligence or that of our employees whilst acting in the course of their employment.
The Owner and Agent/Hidden Secret Villas cannot be held responsible for noise or disturbance originating beyond the boundaries of the property or which is beyond the Owner’s control. In the event that a source of reasonably obvious noise has been in existence prior to your arrival and we are informed of this, we will endeavour to contact you to inform you of the disturbance.
The Owner and Agent/Hidden Secret Villas cannot be held responsible for the breakdown of, or technical problems with, mechanical equipment such as pumps, boilers, swimming pool filtration systems or domestic equipment, nor for the failure or non-availability, for any period of time, of utilities such as water, gas, telephone/Internet and electricity.
The Owner and Agent/Hidden Secret Villas cannot be held responsible for any event or circumstance, which is beyond his/her/its control or for the consequences of any such event or circumstance including any resulting loss or damage.
- NON-WAIVER: Should either Owners or Tenants waive their rights to enforce any breach of this Agreement, that waiver shall be considered temporary and not a continuing waiver of any later breach. Although Owners may know when accepting rent that Tenants are violating one or more of this Agreement’s conditions, Owners in accepting the rent are in no way waiving their rights to enforce the breach. Neither Owners nor Tenants shall have waived their rights to enforce any breach unless they agree to a waiver in writing.
- NFORMATION: While we make every effort to ensure the descriptions supplied by Owners are accurately reproduced on our website, we cannot accept responsibility for any descriptions supplied by the Owner which contain inaccurate, incomplete or misleading information or errors nor can we accept responsibility for any descriptions which contain inaccurate incomplete or misleading information or errors and which have been
supplied by us (as opposed to the Owner) except where this arises out of our negligence or that of any of our employees. You must accept that minor differences between the photograph/illustration/text used and the actual property may arise. Changes after publication or booking may occur. Where we state that we have personally inspected the property (ies), this is to ensure that they are of the general standard of property we wish to include in our website and should not be relied upon by you as an indication that the property is suitable in all respects for your needs or those of your party.
Owners reserve the right to make modifications to the property specification that are considered necessary or appropriate from time to time. Owners reserve the right to alter furniture, amenities, facilities, activities or any part of any activities, either advertised or previously available, without any prior notice.
If we become aware of material changes after your booking has been confirmed we will endeavour to advise you before departure if this is possible.
Property locations indicated on individual property maps and distances given are approximate.
- REFERENCES IN WORDING: Plural references made to the parties involved in this Agreement may also be singular, and singular references may be plural. These references also apply to Owners’ and Tenants’ heirs, executors, administrators, or successors, as the case may be.
- ENTIRE AGREEMENT: As written, this Agreement along with the signed contract constitutes the entire agreement between the Tenants and Owners. They have made no further promises of any kind to one another, nor have they reached any other understandings, either verbal or written.
- LEGAL FEES: If either party to this Agreement shall bring a cause or action against the other party for enforcement of the Agreement, the prevailing party shall not recover attorney’s fees.
- TERMINATION: Either party may terminate this lease in the event of a violation of early provision of this lease by the other party in the manner and as provided by law.
- WAIVER AND RELEASE FROM LIABILITY: Renter hereby waives and releases, indemnifies, hold harmless and forever discharges the Owner and its agents and employees including SAS Hidden Secret Villas and their respective agents, staff and employees from any and all claims, demands, debts, contracts, expenses, causes of action, lawsuits, damages and liabilities, of every kind and nature, including claims of Owner or their employee negligence, whether known or unknown, in law or equity, that Renters ever had or may have arising from or related to participation in any of the events or activities, and for the duration of the stay at the stated villa. Owner
and their agents including SAS Hidden Secret Villas are not liable for loss, damage of property, to/of Renter or its
group or guests. Renter assumes any risk, and takes full responsibility and waives any claims of personal injury, death or damage to personal property associated with the stated villa including but not limited to man-made hazards associated with the property such as slippery shower basins, baths, swimming pool facilities and natural hazards such as holes, ditches, fallen trees, branches, ice, snow, and or other irregularities in terrain and using the terrain including walking, jogging, biking or related activities. Renter primary contact needs to be at least eighteen (18) years of age.
- OWNER PERFORMANCE: SAS Hidden Secret Villas has never had a rental cancelled by an Owner. In the highly unlikely event that the owner cannot honour the stated rental dates, Hidden Secret Villas would attempt to find a suitable villa replacement in a timely manner. If a suitable replacement cannot be found, all rental monies will be refunded to the Renters. Owner and its agents including SAS Hidden Secret Villas are not responsible for Renter transportation or lodging expenses if a replacement cannot be found.
- GOVERINING LAW & JURISDICTION: Disputes between the parties to this contract shall be settled by the “Tribunal de Grande Instance” de Toulon Var.
- PASSPORTS, VISAS, DOCUMENTATION AND HEALTH REQUIREMENTS: You are responsible for your travel and health documentation (passports, driving licences, and vehicle registration documents, green card, motor insurance etc.). Neither we, nor the Owners can accept liability if you are refused entry onto any transport or to any country due to failure on your part to carry correct documentation. If you are not a citizen/member of the European Community, you must check passport and visa requirements with the Embassy or Consulate of any country you intend to travel through.